Thursday, December 3, 2015

Job 8: Decals

The painting is done, but there are some parts of the playfield art that take a different approach. Namely, the black circles around the inserts and the six scoring labels that I repainted.  That's where we use waterslide decals - the same kind that come with model car and airplane kits.

First, I created a graphic with the text and shapes that I need and printed it on special decal paper in four colors (even though it's all black) on a laser jet printer.  Then, I cut out the shapes, soaked them one at a time in water, placed them on the playfield and slid the backing paper out gently.  Here's the work in progress:


The L and P have decals and the A and I do not.  Two down, 22 to go.  Here's that same part of the playfield an hour later:


Just for comparison, here's the whole playfield before decals...


... and after:


A vast improvement, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment